11 Tools to Boost Android App Development
Android app development tools for better speed, better debugging, and for better security!
With approximately 3 million mobile applications on Google Play, the Android operating system manages to lead the global landscape. The small businesses, SME’s and large enterprises struggle hard to set up a robust mobile presence and influence their share of the market. However, not everybody has the know-how and services needed to build up an app from scratch by factors of native tools.
Also, it is incredibly time-consuming and costly toover an iOS app. However, what if I tell you that this is not nearly true? There are an array of tools accessible to facilitate developing apps swifter at the same cost and effectiveness.
You can churn out all the apps out there much faster and more efficiently. Well, thanks to integrated development environments (IDEs) as well as other time-saving following tools and applications which are used for android app development.
is Google’s official IDE platform that brings tools to develop applications for all Android devices. It presents a visual layout editor, which runs ConstraintLayout, where developers can develop compound layouts and preview it on any screen size on different devices.
As the official IDE for all Android applications, Android Studio constantly seems to top the list of chosen tools for developers. The following are some of its features.
- Navigation Editor
- Android Gradle plugin updates
- Delete unused Android Studio directories
- Android App Bundles now supports Instant App
- IntelliJ IDEA 2018.2.2 Changes
- Network Profiler: Formatted Text
- Kotlin 1.3.11 Update
- Clang-Tidy Support for C++
- New Project Wizard Look
- Lazy task configuration
- Single-variant project sync
- Single-variant project sync
- CPU Profiler: Frame Rendering Data
is the most beautiful tool for creating secure android applications. There are manythat developers are not even conscious of, and it can take a lot of practice and effort instead before you get various critical aspects of security sufficient to catch these defects.
But, this excellent tool can aid you in detecting security flaws, and it includes functionality that’s just as easy to handle as a spell checker in your IDE. It offers real-time testing, vulnerability tracking, real-time testing, and got an interactive dashboard.
is a cross-platform development tool to build a fantastic native application. It reuses business logic layers and data access across programs. Not just Android, but you can also develop iOS, Windows apps with the help of Xamarin. The following are some of its benefits.
- It is a mono framework which supports contact with the API of mobile devices
- Xamarin Component Store includes UI controls, cross-platform libraries, and third-party libraries
- It turns to give fewer bugs and therefore provides a faster pace
- It provides application Indexing and Deep Linking
- Allow consuming functionality that’s only accessible on a specific platform
There is a fantastic.
Android Asset Studio
has a significant number of easy-to-use tools that make various types of icons (launcher, generic, app shortcut icons, etc.) that you will require while planning and developing Android apps.
- Launcher icons – the visual image of your app
- Action bar icons are graphic buttons from the primary application bar and display the most effective actions
- Generic icons – are light/contextual icons used in the frame of your app
- Notification icons – it helps in how the app logo will represent in the status bar when a recent notification appears
- Simple nine-patches – generate graphics elements for various screen densities
- App Theme – create interesting and straightforward custom action bar style
is an awesome open-source tool, developed by Square, which carries out the time-consuming and challenging job of detecting memory leaks. Once set up, it will immediately start giving you notifications whenever memory leaks take place in your app, with a close stack trace to support you fix the problem.
LeakCanary is created to be as easy to use as possible. For most applications, it should hardly take a few additional lines in the app’s form .gradle file and one further line of code in your Application class. This is sufficient to enable certain tracking for memory leaks in projects.
For complete coverage, the RefWatcher object can be presented to look at objects that should be garbage collected .app’s
will change the way your users provide app feedback to you.
They can share screenshots, video and audio recordings, detailed logs, and so much more to help in identify and fix bugs quickly. You can get Get real-time crash reports with stack trace details, steps to reproduce the crash, device and session data, and more. You will be instantly get notified whenever there’s a problem in your app through the bug and crash reports.
This tool will give you the confidence to release the app through the comprehensive bug and crash reports, in-app surveys, and real-time user feedback.
Well, for Android game developers, one of the most prominent development tools is . GameMaker gives everything you require to create 2D games applying very little code. It is an exceedingly user-friendly application with a smooth drag-and-drop interface.
GameMaker takes in the creation of cross-platform and multi-genre video games running a custom drag-and-drop visual programming language or a writing language known as GameMaker Language. It has been initially created to allow novice computer programmers to be ready to produce computer games without much programming knowledge.
GameMaker: Studio is designed for beginner and novice gaming developers.
is an advance push notification tool. It supports the most common languages & frameworks. It provides the client to share events with all options on the same channel while providing complete security and safety. It offers all you need to set up a push system, including the following.
- Access control/authentication
- Flexible Pub/Sub Messaging
- Webhooks feature allows obtaining the activities of the customs in the system as they happen
- Get alerts in Slack, send metrics to dashboards in Datadog.
You might already appreciate how capable and impressive is.
It’s an elegant popular modular SDK that provides users to pick and take from a collection of tools. It was acquired by Google and is free to use. The tool suite includes beta-testing deployment, user analytics, crash analytics, and advertising tools. Give it a shot if you haven’t already.
The following are some of the Fabric features.
- It supports Unity so developers can use Crashlytics to improve the quality of their games.
- It supports Native crash reporting on Android so that you can monitor the stability of your native code.
- It allows you to track and route stability issues to your team with the tools they already use.
- You can export your raw crash data to BigQuery and have the freedom to analyze it deeply.
is a simple tool to make Git more user-friendly.
You can anticipate all your modifications, holds, and branches beautifully and never have to compose a single command in the command line repeatedly. It can further be handy for all the newcomers out there who get confused with the vastness of.
was created with mobile and embedded platforms in the notice. TensorFlow is a free and open-source software library for dataflow and differentiable programming across a range of tasks and for.
If you are building an AI-based android application and looking to deploy machine learning, then the TensorFlow framework would be worth trying. The good thing, you can extend the API for desktop application as well.
With the appropriate amount of tools and resources, Android development has grown more exciting and more accessible.are prospering even faster than ever before. There are enormous opportunities for you out there. All you require is a great idea to kick start your plan, and your app would be the next one to take itself a place on Google Play.