11 Popular Cloud-based Web Scraping Solutions
Scrape what matters to your business on the Internet with these powerful tools.
What Is Web Scraping?
Terms web scraping is used for different methods to collect information and essential data from across the Internet. It is also termed web data extraction, screen scraping, or web harvesting.
There are many ways to do it.
- Manually – you access the website and check what you need.
- Automatic – use the necessary tools to configure what you need and let the tools work for you.
If you choose the automatic way, then you can either install the necessary software by yourself or leverage the cloud-based solution.
if you are interested in setting the system by yourself then check out these.
Why cloud-based web scraping?
You need to know about the software, spend hours on setting up to get the desired data, host yourself, worry about getting block (ok if you use), etc. Instead, you can use a cloud-based solution to offload all the headaches to the provider, and you can focus on extracting data for your business.
How it helps Business?
- You can obtain product feeds, images, prices, and other related details regarding the product from various sites and make your data-warehouse or price comparison site.
- You can look at the operation of any particular commodity, user behavior, and feedback as per your requirement.
- In this era of digitalization, businesses are strong about the spent on online reputation management. Thus the web scrapping is requisite here as well.
- It has turned into a common practice for individuals to read online opinions and articles for various purposes. Thus it’s crucial to add out the impression spamming.
- By scraping organic search results, you can instantly find out your SEO competitors for a specific search term. You can figure out the title tags and the keywords that others are planning.
Scrape anything you like on the Internet with.
With more than 35 million IPs, you will never have to worry about requests getting blocked when extracting web pages. When you make a REST-API call, requests get sent through more than 100 global locations (depending on the plan) through reliable and scalable infrastructure.
You can get it started for FREE for ~10,000 requests with limited support. Once you are satisfied, you can go for a paid plan. Scrapestack is enterprise-ready, and some of the features are as below.
- HTTPS encryption
- Premium proxies
- Concurrent requests
- No CAPTCHA
With the help of their good API documentation, you can get it started in five minutes with the code examples for PHP, Python, Nodejs, jQuery, Go, Ruby, etc.
You get 1000 free API calls with, which can handle proxies, browsers, and CAPTCHAs like a pro. It handles over 5 billion API requests every month for over 1,500 businesses, and I believe one of the many reasons for that is because their scraper never gets blocked while harvesting the web. It utilizes millions of proxies to rotate the IP addresses and even retrieves failed requests.
Get 10% OFF with promo code – GF10
is another amazing service that rotates proxies for you and can handle headless browsers while also not getting blocked. It’s very much customizable usingsnippets and overall can be used for SEO purposes, growth hacking, or simply general scraping.
It’s used by some of the most prominent companies, such as WooCommerce, Zapier, and Kayak. You can get started for free before upgrading to a paid plan, starting at just $29/month.
With an HTML extractor and as well as a no-code extractor,has something for everybody out there. It makes it super convenient to scrape data and sort them in a well-organized manner. Since data always keeps on changing, this service regularly monitors for updates and notifies you instantly so you can be on top of your data.
Other than that, you can scrape logged in pages and even see screenshots of the entire process to show what’s going right and what’s going wrong. Another interesting feature is the ability to create “recipes”, which are basically pre-done settings for the scraping bot, so you don’t have to customize and start from scratch for every website.
It’s super simple to get started and takes no more than a few minutes.
got a lot of modules called actor to do data processing, turn webpage to API, data transformation, crawl sites, run headless chrome, etc. It is the largest source of information ever created by humankind.
Some of the readymade actors can help you to get it started quickly to do the following.
- Convert HTML page to PDF
- Crawl and extract data from web page
- Scraping Google search, Google places, Amazon, Booking, Twitter hashtag, Airbnb, Hacker News, etc
- Webpage content checker (defacement monitoring)
- Analyze page SEO
- Check broken links
and a lot more to build the product and services for your business.
, a must-use tool, is an online platform where you can deploy scrapers built and analyzed using the free point-and-click chrome extension. Using the extension, you make “sitemaps” that determine how the data should be passed through and extracted. You can write the data quickly in CouchDB or download it as a CSV file.
- You can get started immediately as the tool is as simple as it gets and involves excellent tutorial videos.
- Its extension is opensource, so you will not be sealed in with the vendor if the office shuts down
- Supports external proxies or IP rotation
is a hosted, cloud-based business by Scrapinghub, where you can deploy scrapers built using the scrapy framework. Scrapy removes the demand to set up and control servers and gives a friendly UI to handle spiders and review scraped items, charts, and stats.
- Highly customizable
- An excellent user interface which lets you determine all sorts of logs a planner would need
- Crawl unlimited pages
- A lot of useful add-ons that can develop the crawl
is especially for businesses that are searching for a cloud-based self serve webpage scraping platform that needs to seek no further. You will be surprised to know that with over 7 billion pages scraped, Mozenda has the sense of serving business customers from all around the province.
- Templating to build the workflow faster
- Create job sequences to automate the flow
- Scrape region-specific data
- Block unwanted domain requests
You will loveservices. This service provides a cloud-based platform for users to drive their extraction tasks built with the Octoparse Desktop App.
- Point and click tool is transparent to set up and use
- It can run up to 10 scrapers in the local computer if you don’t require much scalability
- Includes automatic IP rotation in every plan
lets you configure crawlers that can work in and index websites and then deal with them using its automatic APIs for certain data extraction from different web content. You can further create a custom extractor if specific data extraction API doesn’t work for the sites you need.
Diffbot knowledge graph lets you query the web for rich data.
It is quite remarkable to know that there is almost no data that you can’t get through extracting web data using these web scrapers. Go andwith the extracted data.